Countless reports & studies have shown that the eLearning industry isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. In fact, an increasing number of individuals, corporations, and institutions are turning to eLearning as they recognize its effectiveness and its convenience. This article discusses 7 amazing tips to ensure completion of e-learning courses and also how individuals, institutions and corporate organizations can get more from online courses.
It is important to never assume that online learning is easier than in-class learning. Although it is a more convenient way to learn, studies also reveal that a certain percentage of online courses are not completed by participants!
This further implies the importance of self-discipline, self-motivation and also how important the love for the course/topic to be learnt is. Nonetheless, with these tips below it is expected that the rate at which you complete online courses can be improved:
- Dedicate A Study Space: Before going to discuss further on this,it is important to let the people around you – family & friends to know when you are studying. If necessary you might want to turn off your cell phones and every other mode of distraction. This brings us to the creation of a study space. It could be any corner within the home or office and should replicate a professional and formal environment that helps you focus and study well.
- Define Timelines & Create A Study Plan: As mentioned above, self-discipline is very important when taking online courses. It is recommended that you review the course syllabus, create a study plan and prepare before time. Also setting deadlines for completion of task goes a long way to track progress and monitor total performance.
- Ask For Help Anytime: As long as things are smooth, working independently remains constructive. However, the momentnyou realize the content is getting frustrating or you feel you are walking in circles, you need to email or call out for help. Isolation and alienation are the worst drawbacks of eLearning. Be ready to ask plenty of questions. The answers will reassure you and guide you towards the right direction.
- Don’t Multitask & Always Remind Yourself Why You Started: In our ever busy world, we might be tempted to want to consider doing other things while studying at the same time. While this might work for some people, majority found out it is exactly the reason why they fail to complete online courses. Remind yourself why you’re working so hard and what your goal is – the longer-term benefits of a college degree for short-term sacrifice. If it’s important to you to be a role model for your children, tack their photo to your monitor. Whatever it takes to keep your eye on the finish line.
- Participate In Online Discussions & Forums: Participate actively in online discussions and group activities based on the topic of the week and projects. Provide guidance to others based on your experience. This will earn you respect among your peers. Netiquette and writing tone have to be practiced well in online discussions to avoid any negative experiences.
- Reward Yourself & Consider Taking Time Outs: Chances are that your performance will improve if you allocate study times after regular breaks. You should also consider doing something fun during your study breaks. It doesn’t matter what you do as long as it lifts you up, refreshes your mind and body and gets you ready for the next term.
- Take Care Of Your Body & Don’t Over-commit In Your Personal Life: This is important throughout the term to allow yourself time for your education, but it’s critical during crunch time at the end of the term. Clear your calendar so there are no excuses & make sure to take care of your body too – Get a good night’s rest. Eat a healthy breakfast. Stay hydrated. Give yourself a few moments of quiet before you take the test.
Do you have any more tips you feel should have been included herein, please share in the comment section below!